The comments are a great place for you to help each other, ask questions and share successes. In the right margin you'll see a summary of comments. If you click on the
Further down in the right margin is the follower section. If you add yourself to that list, you'll get an e-mail when the blog has been updated. This might make it easier for you to follow along and know when logging in will get you something new. (I don't think the e-mails get triggered by new comments though)
Finally - I will try to change the poll each week. For these first few weeks I am keeping it a points register. The answers are anonymous but give each of us a little accountability and a comparison. In future weeks the poll may change. If you have anything you want to poll about, let me know.
Hope it's helping each of you in some way or another. Thanks for all the feedback so far! Keep it coming and I will do my best to keep the blog fresh and helpful!
A couple of questions:
ReplyDeletea) Is carodid pulse measurement during cardio exercize as using good as the machine handles--which I can never get to prove that I'm alive muchless in the zone?
b) I deal w/cronic musculoskeletal pain + hip bursitis. My "rehab" includes inflammation reduction via hot/cold (sauna, cold shower, whirlpool, cold shower, kick board laps in pool). Does 30 mins of this qualify as rehab or stretching in our program?
c) Reading that fibromyalgia patients in clinical trial experienced significant reduction of symptoms when doing reg. cardio, I pushed it to aerobic zone + rocked the weights (14 pts & lost 5 lbs) Sunday I was EXHAUSTED & have tight hammies / back pain today. Can skipping strength training be a reasonable approach this week?
d) Can you post the point system & tracking log files on this blog for easy retrieval?
MUCHOS GRACIAS for this program!
victoria la g
Whoo - lots of questions Miss Victoria! Good stuff.
ReplyDeleteCarotid pulse is much more accurate than machine sensors will ever be. Yes, use that! One caution - do not put heavy pressure on your carotid as it may trick your body into thinking it needs to adjust your blood pressure.
With the scoring system we are using, I would count the kickboard part of your routine as rehab. All the thermal time should not count unless you are doing stretching or exercise during.
Great job on your cardio! Yes, scaling back on weights for a couple days and focusing on gentle cardio and stretching should help you recover.
This blog does not allow attachments (sorry!) but I can send you those documents via e-mail.
Keep it up girl!
Hi all! Figured since Gooch dragged me to the gym tonight (and had her machines on about 3x heavier than mine!) that I should report in. So this is me reporting in!
ReplyDeleteBecca, I know you can handle more weight on the abs workout. I saw you slackin on the cardio as well. We're gonna up the reps and intensity on both Thursday. See you at 7. -gooch
ReplyDeleteOh Gooch, you are too funny...
ReplyDeleteCan anybody workout tomorrow, tuesday Nov 3rd about 11:30am at a 24 hour fitness? I'm going for sure, but would love to see an Amazon and get me a fix! You name the club.
ReplyDelete