It's pretty early on 12/24 and I have finished the paper and some work. Now I have the computer in my lap and a second hot cup of coffee. A fresh batch of biscotti has just come out of the oven - a little reward for my staff who will be working this morning. And a pleasant treat for me.
As I dunk warm biscotti into strong coffee I realize how many little things bring me joy each day. I think I get out of bed solely for the yield of my gurgling coffee pot. It only fails me when I forget to fill it with water or set the timer. Most mornings I also get to harvest sweet, fresh fruit from our bowl as I make my way out the door for work. I have a fulfilling job and outstanding colleagues. My home is full of love, laughter and projects that are mostly gratifying :-)
The upshot of my entry today is that I have a bounty for which to feel blessed. For every day with frustration I have happiness to offset it. And mostly my life is rich with friends. Thanks to each of you for adding to the happy side of my balance!
Whatever your holiday and however you celebrate, I hope you have a joyous season and a peaceful new year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment