Well...despite my intentions, I still managed to eat more than I needed yesterday. It's funny how I am. Somehow I seem to get stuck between how good the food tastes (and wanting more) and some bizarre sense that it's a limited opportunity (as if I'll not eat again soon and/or there won't be leftovers for days).
Anyway - however it happened and however you quantify it, I overate. Mostly that left me with a gut bomb last night. I don't usually eat a whole lot at one time, so such a full (dare I say over-full) belly does not feel good to me. Hours later around the pool table, I still felt as if I'd just gotten up from the dinner. Ugh!
Mercifully, this morning that Shamoo feeling is waning and I can take control again. BUT I also try to caution myself about feeling any guilt. After all, I can't do anything about what I ate yesterday now. Or can I?
Certainly guilt, extra trips to the scale or more mirror analysis will not help. Running yourself into the ground mentally will not positively contribute to your resolve to get back on track. Depriving yourself of food in the days to come will also not help (see one of the really early posts on the blog about the starvation reaction). So then, what to do?
It's the same simple answer. Balance. Exercise. Good choices. Be good to yourself and your body. Re-assess. Re-affirm. Just take a minute to hit the reset button and make the best decision(s) you can today. My first one will be to put this computer down and lace up my running shoes. What will you decide?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In spite of the Holiday I managed to keep off the 5lbs I lost this month. Believe me I was scaaaaared when I stepped on the scale this morning. I had a good workout Thanksgiving morning - which helped fight the guilt of the dinner. It sure helps to run into other Amazons at the gym. I also made sure that I didn't overdo the alcohol with the dinner. I feel great this morning, no hangover, and I'm heading for the gym for an extra long workout. I did something to my shoulders that I think was due to too much weight on a machine in combo with lining up against Denise last Sunday at the football game. Anyway, I'm concentrating on cardio, abs, legs, and healing my shoulders. My next goal -> 5lbs in December. I luv this blog -- Sorry I've been absent. -gooch
ReplyDelete